-->

10.28.2010

Top Chef: Saipan

So, I'm not much of a cook.  Let me re-phrase, I wasn't much of a cook before moving to Saipan.  When you're on a budget (a real one), you begin to figure out how to do things that save money.  Necessity is after all the mother of invention.  Cooking has become one of those necessities for us.  And, turns out, I actually enjoy it.  Funny!  We decided to have Brian and Colleen over to our tiny abode for a home-cooked meal.  Colleen has done this many a times for us, and we wanted to return the favor.  I was so nervous about cooking for a professional chef!  Okay, so she's not professional, but she did take culinary school classes, and she's a phenomenal chef!  So, what do I decide to do, but roast an entire chicken.  That's right, an entire chicken.  I went to the store, bought fresh vegetables and a fresh bird, and got to work.  I removed the gizzard, seasoned it as the recipe indicated, adding a little of my own personality, and stuck it all in the oven.  It's not that hard reading, following directions, and enjoying the fruits of one's labor!  We had a wonderful evening of great food, fantastic conversation, and enjoying the company of two incredible people.  I think roasted chicken with veggies will now become my signature dish!
Seriously, Elizabeth, you made this?!  Yes!!!  Those of you who know me well know that this is a major accomplishment! Just email me if you want me to cater your next posh party!!!
Brian got "iced" right when he got to our house!

"The Bard" (his nickname from the Tinian trip) taking his "ice"

No comments:

Post a Comment