-->

12.22.2010

Doctor's Orders

For about two weeks, I was a bit under the weather.  It was flu season at school, so bad germs were free-flowing.  When I finally broke down and went to the doctor (I couldn't talk anymore, my throat hurt so badly!), I received excellent advice.

"Do you like to swim?" he asked. 
"Yes!" I replied. 
"Then, go swimming about three times a day for the next three days.  The salt water will do wonders for your cold.  Just breathe deeply!" Dr. Stearns said.




No medicine required.  I just drank plenty of water and went for swims.  In about three days, I was feeling like my old self!  TIS (This is Saipan!)

Speaking of the flu...Saipan has a flu mascot named Kung-Flu.  With a steady beat of claps as the underlying beat, the words to the PSA go something like, "It is out there.  Waiting for you.  Be on the lookout for Kung-Flu."  We wish we could find a recording to post, but a picture will have to suffice for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment